6 Best One-Person Tents for Backpacking As technology continues to advance, so do the options available for camping and backpacking gear. One-person tents have become incredibly popular for solo travelers, and manufacturers have recently released some impressive designs. Here are some of the latest and greatest one-person tents for backpacking and camping:
1. Big Agnes Fly Creek HV 1 Platinum: This ultralight tent weighs in at just over 1 pound and packs down incredibly small. Its single-pole design makes it easy to set up quickly and the mesh tent canopy provides ample ventilation. The tent is also spacious enough for a single person to comfortably sit up and move around.
2. NEMO Hornet 1P: The NEMO Hornet 1P is another ultralight option that won’t weigh you down on your backpacking trip. It has two vestibules for storing your gear and shoes, and the mesh canopy makes for great stargazing on clear nights. The durable material and design also make this tent a great option for windy or rainy conditions.
3. MSR Hubba NX 1: The MSR Hubba NX 1 is designed to maximize interior space without adding unnecessary weight. The tent has a unique pole configuration that provides increased head and shoulder room, making it more comfortable for taller campers. The tent is also easy to set up and has great ventilation.
4. REI Co-op Quarter Dome SL 1: The REI Co-op Quarter Dome SL 1 is a great budget-friendly option that doesn’t skimp on quality. It has a freestanding design with a single pole for easy setup, and the rainfly can be rolled back for stargazing or increased ventilation. The tent also includes a footprint for added durability and waterproofing.
5. Tarptent ProTrail: The Tarptent ProTrail is a minimalist option that offers great protection from the elements. Its single-pole design makes it easy to set up, and the bathtub-style floor keeps you and your gear dry. The tent is also incredibly lightweight and packs down small, making it a great option for long backpacking trips.
No matter your budget or specific needs, there is sure to be a one-person tent on this list that will suit you perfectly. With these latest and greatest designs, solo camping and backpacking adventures have never been more comfortable or enjoyable.
Assuming that you’re searching for a reasonable yet very good quality asylum, look no further. The Large Agnes Tiger UL1 is ultralight (852g), extensive, waterproof, and stuffed loaded with highlights including twofold sliders on the vestibule zippers considers venting from the top or base; little supports in the organized foot-end corners to make more usable space between your feet and tent wall; roof pockets for an extraordinary extra room; a vent on the vestibule entryway; and various inside circles for connecting stuff, for example, a headtorch.
The flysheet and groundsheet are produced using silicone-treated ripstop nylon with a 1,200mm hydrostatic head rating and an extra PU covering, while the tent internal is a breathable ripstop nylon with a polyester network. All creases are taped with a waterproof, dissolvable free PU tape and the shafts are DAC Featherlite.
New for 2021, the Enormous Agnes Tiger Wall UL1 has been updated utilizing an answer-colored texture that is exceptionally impervious to UV blur and radically decreases energy utilization and water use during assembling, a cycle that is better for the climate and that “works on the nature of the tent texture”.
This one individual tent elements a shrewdly planned, center-associated, across-the-board skeletal shaft, which frames the primary design. A more modest cross-over post then openings across the zenith of this construction loosening up the top to boost headroom. The detached inward, which is pitched first, cut firmly to this skeletal shaft – and the outcome is a haven with close vertical walls and the greatest head and space to breathe. A fair estimated side yard and insignificantly tightened floor add to the feeling of openness.
Ultralight: 852g/three-season use/flysheet and groundsheet: silicone-treated ripstop nylon with PU covering (1200 HH)/unsupported inward: ripstop nylon with polyester network/dissolvable free PU taped creases/DAC Featherlite posts/center point associated skeletal shaft/twofold sliders on vestibule zippers/small scale braces in foot-end corners/roof pockets/vestibule vent/various inside circles/1.8m² floor space/218cm floor length/71-97cm floor width/99cm head level/0.7m² vestibule region/eco-accommodating UV-safe arrangement colored texture.
Kelty Late Start 1 Person – 3 Season Backpacking Tent (2020 Updated Version of Kelty Salida Tent)
About this item:
- Updated Version of Kelty Salida Tent
- The tent measures 85” x 40” x 30”, giving you an interior area of 20. 6 square feet. The peak height is 36. 5 inches. There is a single vestibule protecting 6. 4 square feet of storage space.
- The two aluminum poles are pre-bent to create extra room inside the tent. Pockets at the corners of the tent keep one end of the pole secure as you move around to deal with the other end.
- The tent has a single door. The walls are No-see-um mesh and the floor is tough 68 denier fabric, water resistant to 1800 mm. Internal storage includes a ceiling pocket.
- The tent body is protected by a waterproof 68 denier rainfly. All seams are sealed to keep the water out. The freestanding design means you can pitch the tent and then move it around to find the best site.
Note: Products with electrical plugs are designed for use in the US. Outlets and voltage differ internationally and this product may require an adapter or converter for use in your destination. Please check compatibility before purchasing.