Summer is here and with it comes festival season. Whether you’re planning to camp out for a weekend or just need a comfortable spot to rest at a day festival, having a good tent can make all the difference. But with the scorching heat and humidity, how do you choose a tent that will keep you cool and comfy? Here are some of our favorites.
1. Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup: This tent is designed with a Dark Room technology that blocks out 90% of sunlight, making it perfect for hot summer days. The spacious interior has enough room for two queen-size air mattresses, and the ventilation system keeps the air flowing.
2. Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 Tent: This lightweight tent is perfect for backpackers who want to stay cool in the summer heat. Its mesh walls provide excellent ventilation, and the rainfly can be rolled back for extra airflow. The spacious interior has plenty of pockets and gear loops for organization.
3. NEMO Dagger Ultralight Backpacking Tent: This tent is not only light and durable, but its innovative design maximizes airflow. The fly and canopy work together to create a cross-breeze that keeps you cool on hot nights. Plus, the awning vestibule provides extra shade and protection from the sun.
4. REI Co-op Half Dome 4 Plus Tent: This spacious tent is perfect for families or groups of friends. It has a durable rainfly that can be easily removed when not needed, and mesh panels on the ceiling and doors for ventilation. The vestibules provide extra space for gear and a shaded spot to relax.
5. Tepui Explorer Kukenam 3: This rooftop tent is perfect for those who want to stay cool and comfortable while camping. It’s made from breathable fabric and has two large mesh windows for ventilation. Plus, the elevated design keeps you off the ground and away from the heat.
When choosing a tent for summer festivals or camping trips, it’s important to look for ones with good ventilation and shade options. A tent with a rainfly or awning can provide extra protection from the sun and make a big difference in keeping you cool. Don’t let the summer heat ruin your festival experience – invest in a good tent and stay comfy all weekend long.